04 Oct World Mental Health Day
The day promotes public awareness and open discussion of mental disorders and prompts us all to:
- learn more about prevention strategies and treatment services
- be active in debunking stigma.
To help keep well, we are encouraged to:
- be physically active
- savour the past, present and future
- connect with friends and family
- engage in a new activity or rekindle a passion for an old one
- be mindful. Take time to rest and allow your mind to notice things you wouldn’t in the normal rush of your day.
- randomly show kindness and generosity – small actions can have significant meaning – a hug, a smile, open a door, pick a flower…
For more information, why not check out: https://1010.org.au/
The Australian symbol for mental health awareness is the flannel flower.
It’s adaptable and enduring. A flannel flower can put up with all sorts of growing conditions and usually bounces back from harsher times.