07 Feb Vaccinations for 5 to 11 year olds | Timboon Clinic
Children aged 5 to 11 can receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. They will receive a smaller dose of vaccine created specifically for their age group.
By vaccinating your children, you can:
- reduce the spread of COVID-19
- protect them from getting sick from COVID-19
- keep schools open, so children can have more face-to-face learning and playtime with their friends.
The recommended schedule for vaccination in this age group is 2 doses, 8 weeks apart.
The interval can be shortened to a minimum of 3 weeks in special circumstances. For example:
- for those living with significant disability requiring frequent assistance with activities of daily living, including but not limited to down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, severe intellectual disability, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, or
- before the start of significant immunosuppression, or
- before international travel.
You can book your child in to receive their vaccination at the Timboon Clinic by calling 5558 6088.
For more information on the vaccine, how to prepare for your child’s vaccination and what you need to bring, please visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccination-information-children-and-teenagers#vaccines-for-5-to-11-year-olds.