27 Apr Pay It Forward Day – 28 April
Pay It Forward Day, founded by Blake Beattie in 2007 in Australia, is a global initiative that exists to make a difference by creating a huge ripple of kindness felt across the world.
Of course, the hope is that people pay kindness forward every day and make each day that little bit brighter. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people can literally change the world for the better! For this year’s international Pay it Forward Day (PIFD) the aim is to inspire over 10 million acts of kindness around the world.
Imagine the difference that would make! Join this global initiative in paying it forward and help spread the word about this important day! Our TDHS volunteers are doing it every day!!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Pay for someone’s cup of coffee
- Get the next person’s food, toll, petrol, etc.
- Help someone out in need
- Host pay it forward activities in your office, school, church or community
- Become a Pay it Forward Day ambassador and help raise awareness in your circles of influence
- Let others know about Pay it Forward Day through your social media channels
- Give blood or organise a life-saving blood drive. (For Aussies, contact the Australian Red Cross Lifeblood on 13 14 95)
- Donate to a worthwhile cause
- Be creative!!!
- Become a volunteer
Pay it Forward Day was built by volunteers around the world to inspire a huge ripple effect of kindness in the community.
At TDHS we always welcome new volunteers. If you think that you have a few hours a month to spare and the passion to contribute, commit and paying it forward, please contact our Community Engagement Officer Sabine McKenzie on 5558 6000 to talk about how your experience and enthusiasm can make a difference.