My Aged Care Fiona Hanel TDHS

Find the help you need with My Aged Care

As you get older, you might start to notice that some everyday tasks can become more difficult and even though you need help, you may still want to live at home. Asking for help doesn’t mean losing your independence or moving out of home.

My Aged Care is here to help and find the right support for your situation. The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) helps senior Australians access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home with a focus on individualised and person centred approach.

Is it for me?

Eligibility for this program is based on your support needs and age. To be eligible for this program, you must be aged:

  • 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people);
  • 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), on a low income and homeless, or at risk of being homeless.


How do I apply?

To access this program, you are required to call the My Aged Care (MAC) contact centre on 1800 200 422, where staff will ask you some questions about your current needs and circumstances.

Alternatively, you can visit their website for more information and/or to register. After registering with MAC, you will be contacted by our Regional Assessment Officer, Fiona Hanel, to organise a home assessment.


What if I need further help?

If the process is too overwhelming and you prefer a face to face chat about the program and how to register, Fiona is available every second Wednesday from 11.00 am to 12.00 pm. To book an appointment, please contact Reception on 5558 6000.

No Comments

Post A Comment