23 Aug COVID-19 Update from Timboon and District Healthcare Service | 24 August 2022
As we continue our weekly COVID-19 updates, this week we explore: COVID-19 and Mental Health
COVID-19 and Mental Health
How do I look after my mental health during COVID-19?
The COVID-19 pandemic has been stressful and continues to impact our mental health and wellbeing. Feelings of anxiety, distress and concern are normal. There are several steps you can take to look after your mental health.
Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Stay active — set up an exercise routine to keep you physically fit and decrease stress.
- Eat well — a healthy diet will benefit your mind as well as your body.
- Stay connected with your family and friends — if you can’t meet in person, you can remain in contact using phone, chat, email or video calls.
- Get information from reliable, trusted sources
- You can find COVID Mental Health information on https://www.headtohealth.gov.au/covid-19-support/covid-19-support
Access support services
- There are many support services available to help, links and information can be found at:
Get Support from your GP
- Your GP can also help you access free or low-cost support.
- Your GP can help prepare a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan. For more information on the GP Mental Health Treatment Plan you can visit https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mental-health-treatment-plan
If you need information or advice on COVID-19 or COVID vaccines, please call the Australian Government’s National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080 — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.