24 May 2016 Victorian Senior of the Year Awards
Nominations for the 2016 Victorian Senior of the Year Awards are now open.
Do you know a senior who is making a difference in their community through volunteering or an organisation who would not function as well without their volunteers?
The Victorian Senior of the Year Awards recognise the valuable contributions of older Victorians to our community. They celebrate the achievements of volunteers who support and encourage others in their community.
The awards include:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award
- Healthy and Active Living Award
- Veteran Community Award – nominees for this award do not have to be a veteran
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards
The selection criteria are based on:
- How the nominee makes a difference in their community through volunteering.
- The nominee’s good standing in the community.
- How the nominee’s positive attitude towards aging inspires others.
New Age-Friendly Victoria Award
Organisations are also invited to nominate for the new Age-Friendly Victoria Award that recognises excellence in creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing or improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.
Download nomination forms for the Victorian Senior of the Year Awards and the Age-Friendly Victoria Award from seniorsonline.vic.gov.au
For more information please contact Seniors Information Victoria on 1300 135 090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close on 30 June 2016.