23 Sep Vacancy | Physiotherapist | Permanent Part Time
Work with a multi-disciplinary team to support consumers to take the lead in their rehabilitation and improve their lives.
- Permanent ongoing employment – 2 days a week
- Grade 1 or 2 Classification – commensurate with experience
- Boost your take home pay with salary packaging including remote area housing concessions
About the role
Reporting to the Exercise Physiologist, the Physiotherapist works as an effective interdisciplinary team member to provide high care and best practice physiotherapy service to eligible clients in the community, outpatients and inpatients within Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) and other contracted services (i.e. other organisations). Quality client care will be provided through the application of competent clinical skills in assessment, planning, implementations or treatment, education and management.
- Provide timely assessment, treatment/intervention and consultative services to presenting clients.
- Respond to clinical changes in client’s conditions and initiate consultation with relevant medical/nursing or multidisciplinary team where required.
- Ensure smooth transition of clients through the health care system, liaising with relevant staff and community agencies to ensure continuity of care for individual patients and their families.
This is a permanent part time position. The classification for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with the Allied Health professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2020-2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience providing physiotherapy services in a health care setting (Acute Hospital, Community Outpatients and/or Community Rehabilitation)
- Demonstrated experience and achievement of independent practice in clinical area with established clinical knowledge and skills
Effective and efficient time management skills
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be below or by contacting James MacAuslan, Exercise Physiologist on 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 10 October 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.