30 Dec Vacancy | Physiotherapist
New Year, new you! Here is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Physiotherapist to join a small knit Allied Health team based in picturesque Timboon.
- Grade 2 or Grade 3 Classification
- Hours available from Part-Time 0.6 up to Full Time
- Permanent ongoing role
Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. Our vision is working together for a healthy community by keeping people at the heart of our actions through partnering for outcomes, engaging the community, innovative service delivery, maximising quality and safety, embracing change and promoting health and wellbeing across the lifespan. Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services.
Our team are passionate about delivering high-quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.
About the role
We are seeking an individual whom wants to make a difference over the lifespan of our community members, someone whom is ready to take the next step in their clinical and managerial practices and further enhance our culture, supportive environment and collaborative approach with other local health services. You will contribute to the success of the organisation by coordinating an efficient and effective physiotherapy service and work in partnership with all clinical staff including medical directors and nursing leaders to ensure an integrated and coordinated person centred focus of care. This position will include a clinical caseload and an inter-professional approach to allied health referrals and service delivery dealing mostly with community consumers as well as inpatients. The position is accountable to the Director of Community Health.
- Monitor and evaluate agreed models of care to deliver efficient and effective physiotherapy services
- Ensure consumers, families/representatives or carers are provided with timely information and are involved in decision making about their care planning and treatment
- Promote an environment that empowers and motivates team members to achieve organisational and team objectives
- Ensure that physiotherapy services operate in line with relevant guidelines and objectives, quality standards, organisational policy and legislative requirements
- Provision of appropriate supervision to less experienced clinical employees
This position is a permanent ongoing role, either part time from 48 hours per fortnight, up to full time employment of 80 hours per fortnight. The classification for this position will be Grade 2 or Grade 3A depending on experience. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Allied Health professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and eligibility for membership of Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Extensive clinical experience and/or expert knowledge regarding evidence based physiotherapy interventions in the community consumers and inpatient settings
- Sound experience and skills in leadership of teams at a program or service level
- Demonstrated understanding of patient flow and discharge planning including transition of patients through the healthcare system
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a proven ability to effectively manage and negotiate innovative solutions to complex problems
- Monthly staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging of up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program, providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7 to employees and their families
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your Cover Letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees. New graduates need not apply.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description/s below:
Applications close: Tuesday 26 January 2021
New Graduates need not apply.
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).