22 Jul Vacancy | Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) | Fixed Term
Nurse Unit Manager
We are looking for a passionate NUM who can job share in this super-nummary role, to lead our acute ward and theatre of up to 40 staff headcount.
- Job share opportunity
- 32 hours per fortnight
- Fixed term until September 2022
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for leading the health care team to provide safe and high quality evidence based clinical care for consumers. The Nurse Unit Manager leads by example demonstrating the ICARE values and has well-developed professional, clinical and people management skills, achieving results through collaboration, encouragement, support and information and knowledge sharing.
- Day to day management of the clinical area and rosters
- Effective utilisation of resources, equipment and facilities
- Performance development and management of the clinical team
This position is part time fixed term until September 2022, at 32 hours per fortnight (FTE 0.5). Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registered Nurse Division 1 holding a current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current nursing experience in relevant clinical area
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience including experience in management
- Exposure to the interpretation and application of awards and industrial agreements
- Evidence of overseeing and managing a budget, including rosters and supplies. Supported by good computer skills experience with the current NSQHS
- Ability to organise work in a systematic way, accurate and timely manner and be flexible in a changing environment
- High level of communication / interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Staff fun days
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained via our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au or by contacting Michelle Selten or Anna Reilly, Director of Clinical Services on 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Monday 9 August 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.