29 Apr Vacancy | Leisure and Activities Coordinator
Leisure and Activities Coordinator
We are looking for a dedicated, engaged and experienced Leisure and Activities Coordinator to join our team and deliver on patient centred care.
- Part time hours – 1 day a week
- Salary packaging available to increase take home pay
- Timboon location
About the role
The Leisure and Activities Coordinator will deliver and evaluate a planned and appropriate activity program to residents that enhance and enable their physical, social, cultural, psychological and emotional wellbeing with achievable outcomes.
- Develop and deliver, organise, maintain and carry out a program of individual and group activities for the residents that enable their social, recreational and educational needs to be met.
- Ensure all work is completed accurately on time and in accordance with policy and procedures
- Involve both residents and carers in the development of individualized care plans and then provide care accordingly.
This position is permanent part time 16 hours per fortnight. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with the Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor, Diploma or Certificate of Diversional Therapy, or Certificate 3 in Lifestyle and Leisure
- Effective communication skills
- High level organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Aged Care Standards
- Prior experience with adults with cognitive impairment and their carer’s
- Proven ability to both work alone and as part of a team
- Well-developed skills in planning, programming and leading groups
- Able to undertake shifts as required
- A demonstrated high level of motivation and willingness to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Computer literacy
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below or by contacting Michelle Selten, Director of Clinical Services 03 5558 6000 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Sunday 23 May 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high-quality patient-centered care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.