07 Jun Vacancy | Director of Clinical Services
Director of Clinical Services
Looking to make your mark in 2021? We are looking for an experienced executive with a proven track record, who is ready to take on a new challenge in their career.
- Lead the Division to execute business strategy
- 3 year fixed term contract opportunity – full time
- Timboon location, only minutes from the Great Ocean Road, great surfing spots and beaches
About the role
The Director of Clinical Services (DCS) serves as an integral member of the senior management team. The DCS has direct operational responsibility for the clinical services provided in the Acute, Residential Aged Care, Operating Suite, Urgent Care, Community Care and Allied Health units. The position is accountable for all professional and clinical matters as well as the delivery of best practice service delivery.
The role has both a strategic and operational function within Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS). The role works closely with all other members of the Executive to build clear strategic directions and achieve overall efficient and effective service delivery in all services areas. The DCS is an active member of the Executive team and is responsible for providing leadership to the entire organisation. The DCS is expected to provide leadership to develop a culture that espouses the organisational values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Manage, develop, influence and lead a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of strategic outcomes ensuring a one-team approach and a seamless service to key stakeholders including the community
- Serve in leadership and consultative roles to influence and support high clinical care and professional standards
- Participate in meetings of the Board of Directors, its sub-committees as specified in the TDHS By-laws and other committees, which relate to the Health Service
- Ensure the Health Service is staffed with appropriately qualified personnel within the allocated budget to meet service / community needs
- Oversee the ongoing development of risk management best practice throughout clinical services
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of professional standards of practice and health related legislation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia
- Significant experience as a professional nursing manager with experience/post graduate qualifications in specialised areas of nursing
- Experience at a management level in organisational planning, employee relations and change management
- Sound understanding of Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare NSQHS Standards
- Understanding of AS/NZ 4360 Risk Management, Risk Management Principles and Integrated Risk Management Systems
- Proven strong leadership qualities
- Demonstrated high-level strategic, conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to influence and negotiate in a sensitive and effective manner
- Proven understanding of the application of continuous improvement programs and best practice
- Demonstrated decision making abilities at the Executive level
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below or by contacting Rebecca Van Wollingen, Chief Executive Officer 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 23 June 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.