25 Mar Vacancy | Casual | Community Care Worker
Community Care Worker
Immediate Start! Are you passionate about helping people to live independently in their homes, and looking for a role that provides flexibility? TDHS are looking for Community Care Workers to join the team.
- Casual Position
- Current Vic Driver’s license
- Cert III in Aged Care or Home and Community Care essential
About the role
Reporting to the Community Care Supervisor, the Community Care Worker contributes to the success of the organisation by assisting older people and people with disabilities to live independently in the community with activities relating to personal wellbeing, household management and lifestyle.
- Provide personal care and home care services to a high standard
- Monitor clients’ health, wellbeing and personal safety
- Provide a responsive, caring approach to all clients with respect for the dignity and rights of clients at all times.
This is a Casual position. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Cert III in Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Must have own safe and roadworthy vehicle and be willing to use this
- Possess a high level of customer service
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description below which can be obtained via our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au or by contacting Adele Sullivan-Homes, Community Care Manager on 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 11 April 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high-quality patient-centered care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.