13 May Position Vacant | Speech Therapist
Join our multi-disciplinary Allied Health team and provide evidence-based Speech Therapy services to the community and pre-school age children. Flexible part time hours available.
- Permanent part time position
- Grade 2 position with flexible hours
- Lifestyle location near the 12 Apostles – Timboon, South West Victoria
About the role
Reporting to the Allied Health Manager, the Speech Therapist, is responsible for providing high standard clinical services to eligible clients in the community (pre-dominantly pre-school age) and inpatients. Quality client care will be provided through the application of competent clinical skills. Duties include:
- Provide best practice speech pathology intervention to clients
- Provide timely assessment, treatment and care plans for clients
- Deliver clinical education to staff as required in consultation with the Nurse Unit Manager.
- Promote speech pathology services and participate in community education and development programs and activities.
This is a permanent part time position, with the option for the suitable candidate to negotiate hours and a roster that suits them. The classification will be Speech Pathologist Grade 2, terms and conditions of employment will be in line with the Allied Health professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2020-2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor or Masters in Speech Pathology
- Practicing member with Speech Pathology Australia
- Experience as a Speech Therapist managing a generalist caseload
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both with colleagues and clients
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained via our below or by contacting Jessica Stephens, HR Coordinator 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 29th May 2022
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.