27 May Position Vacant | Practice Nurse | Timboon Clinic
Join our friendly and well-established team at Timboon Clinic as they demonstrate a commitment to delivering quality patient outcomes. Showcase your expertise in this diverse role where no two days are the same!
- Casual and Part-time positions available
- Supportive, skilled and experienced team
- Located in Timboon – South West Victoria
About the role
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Practice Nurse is responsible for providing support to the Timboon Clinic with the efficient and effective provision of quality patient centred care. This role must therefore be able to assess and prioritise patient needs in the context of the clinics workload to deliver positive outcomes for each and every patient of the service. Duties include:
- Provide quality nursing services to all patients as per the Clinic’s Program, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and patients to ensure quality primary healthcare outcomes are achieved.
- Perform all other duties as directed, within the scope of practice, competence and training to maximise flexibility and effectiveness.
This position is fixed term part-time until 2024, at 32 hours per fortnight with casual hours also available. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2024.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA and endorsed as a Nurse Immuniser
- Proven organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a diverse caseload
- Demonstrate competency in clinical care across a broad spectrum including phlebotomy, wound management and infection control procedures
- Ability to develop and manage patient care plans in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing educational and professional development across all levels of the nursing profession including management
- Demonstrate competence in advanced computer skills
- Demonstrate analytical skills through research findings to enrich and update delivery of health care and community awareness programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation requirements for General Practice
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below or by contacting Katherine Gorringe, Practice Manager 03 5558 6088 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Sunday 12th June 2022
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.