19 May Position Vacant | Health Promotion Officer
Health Promotion Officer
TDHS is seeking a permanent part-time Health Promotion Officer to deliver innovative responses to local community health issues. Join our supportive and passionate Community Health team now!
- Permanent part time – 48 hours per fortnight
- Make a difference in our local community
- Located in Timboon, South West Victoria
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Community Health, the Health Promotion Officer develops innovative responses to local community health issues and ensures they are appropriately planned, delivered and evaluated. The Health Promotion Officer is expected to be at the forefront of the health promotion agenda within Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) and is required to lead staff and teams on evidence based practice and community participation. Duties include:
- Develop and implement health promotion plan and activities in line with the TDHS strategic plan
- Ensure Health Promotion activities are evidence based and incorporate community participation
- Meeting internal and external Health Promotion reporting requirements
This position is permanent part-time at 48 hours per fortnight. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Allied Health Professionals (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2020- 2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Health related qualifications with post graduate qualifications in health promotion highly desirable
- Experience liaising and communicating with key stakeholders in program development with effective outcomes
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and the role of health promotion in achieving positive health outcomes for consumers
- Self-motivated and demonstrated experience working independently without supervision
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence, Working with Children Check, Police Record Check & NDIS check
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below or by contacting Tanya Wines, Director of Community Health 03 5558 6000 or email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday 12th June 2022
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.