27 Jul Position Vacant | Exercise Physiologist
Are you a dedicated and passionate Exercise Physiologist? Contribute to a multi-disciplinary team providing best practice care through client support activities including client assessments and clinical interventions.
- Part time position – 32 hours per fortnight
- Fixed term until June 2023
- Located in Timboon, South West Victoria
About the role
Our Exercise Physiologist (EP) works within Allied Health Department to provide best practice principles in client support activities including client assessments and clinical interventions. This position is to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement tailored exercise programs for clients. The position enhances individual independence through care coordination, assessment, and timely referral to specialist care, education and care planning. Duties include:
- Develop and implement tailored exercise programs for consumers
- Monitor and evaluate agreed models of care to deliver efficient and effective EP services
- Ensure consumers, families/representatives or carers are provided with timely information and are involved in decision making about their care planning and treatment
This position is a temporary part time role, at 32 hours per fortnight. The classification for this position will be Grade 1 or 2 depending on experience. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Allied Health Professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Eligibility for practicing membership of Exercise and Sports Science Australia
- Sound knowledge and experience in assessment, treatment and management options for sub-acute clients and a demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge
- Evidence of a commitment to ongoing learning in relevant fields
- Demonstrated ability to develop and empower others through supervision, modelling and training
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Further information about our organisation and this position can be obtained below or by contacting James MacAuslan, Allied Health Manager 03 5558 6000.
Applications close: Sunday 14th August 2022
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.