27 Jul Position Vacant | Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM)
Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse looking to take the next step in your career? TDHS is partnering with Registered Nurses interested in developing their skillsets further to become an Associate Nurse Unit Manager. TDHS is providing Registered Nurse’s with the opportunity to attend additional Triage training, gain hands on experience in fast paced UCCs or EDs and receive support from our experienced Nurse Unit Managers.
- Permanent ongoing positions available
- Options for part time or full time hours
- Relocation allowance options available
- Timboon location – South West Victoria
About the role
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the Associate Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for delivering a high standard of nursing care to our consumers and role modelling the TDHS ICARE values within the Clinical Services team. You will demonstrate a consumer centred approach to providing nursing care and ensure the policy and procedure guidelines are adhered to by all staff. Duties include:
- Providing and encouraging best practice consumer centred care
- Supervising and mentoring nursing staff to further develop skillsets
- Assisting with administrative activities of the department including managing and co-ordinating the shift through effective prioritising and delegating
- Communicating effectively with patients, carers and all members of the health team
This position has the option for part time or full time hours. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2024.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Strong general nursing skillsets with previous experience in Urgent Care or Emergency Departments
- A passion for people leadership and training junior nurses
- Computer literacy and the ability to use healthcare information systems
- The ability to organise work in a systematic, accurate and timely manner and be adaptable in a changing environment
- A professional and friendly manner
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Free staff car park onsite
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a Cover letter, CV and a minimum of 2 referees. Further information can be obtained below or by contacting Michelle Selten or Margaret Allan, Nurse Unit Manager on 03 5558 6000 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Sunday 14th August 2022
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.