16 Oct Job Opportunity | Speech Therapist | Grade 2
Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. Our vision is working together for a healthy community by keeping people at the heart of our actions through partnering for outcomes, engaging the community, innovative service delivery, maximising quality and safety, embracing change and promoting health and wellbeing across the lifespan. Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services.
Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.
About the role
Reporting to the Community Health Manager, the Speech Therapist is responsible for providing a high standard of clinical services to eligible clients in the community (pre-dominantly pre-school age) and inpatients within Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) and other contracted services (i.e. other organisations). Quality client care will be provided through the application of competent clinical skills.
- Clinical assessments
- Implementations or treatment
- Education and management.
The classification for this position will be Speech Pathologist Grade 2 ($81,328.00 plus superannuation per annum pro rata), 32 hours per fortnight. Fixed term contract up until September 2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor or Masters in Speech Pathology as recognised by Speech Pathology Australia
- Practicing member with Speech Pathology Australia
- Experience as a Speech Therapist managing a generalist caseload
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of communication and interpersonal skills both with colleagues and clients
- Experience in the organisation of and/or participation in health promotion activities
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Awareness of issues associated with working in a rural environment
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Evidence of current immunisation status in alignment with TDHS Immunisation Policy.
How to apply/enquire
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key selection criteria is outlined in the position description which is available by clicking here or by contacting Tanya Wines, Community Health Manager on 03 5558 6000 or via email@example.com.
Applications close: 1st November 2020.
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).