22 Feb Job Opportunity | Speech Therapist | Grade 2
Passionate about working with children?
Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) has an exciting opportunity for a Grade 2 Speech Therapist to join our small knit, vibrant and passionate Allied Health Team.
- Increase take home pay with salary sacrifice
- 6 month contract
- 3 days per week
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Community Health, the Speech Therapist, is responsible for providing a high standard of clinical services to eligible clients in the community (pre-dominantly pre-school age) and inpatients within Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) and other contracted services (i.e. other organisations). Quality client care will be provided through the application of competent clinical skills.
- Clinical assessments
- Implementations or treatment
- Education and management
This position is Part time, at 32 hours per fortnight. The classification for this position will be Grade 2. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor or Masters in Speech Pathology as recognised by Speech Pathology Australia
- Practicing member with Speech Pathology Australia
- Experience as a Speech Therapist managing a generalist caseload
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of communication and interpersonal skills both with colleagues and clients
- Experience in the organisation of and/or participation in health promotion activities
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Awareness of issues associated with working in a rural environment
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Evidence of current immunisation status in alignment with TDHS Immunisation Policy.
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained by clicking here or by contacting Tanya Wines, Director of Community Health 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 14th March 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.