23 Apr Job Opportunity | Education Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced and independent Educator/Trainer to lead the education activities across our healthcare service of approximately 110 staff. Nurses welcome to apply.
• Flexible Part time hours (up to 3 days per week)
• Attractive hourly rate plus salary packaging
• Timboon Location
About the role
As the Education Coordinator you will be responsible for providing leadership and support in the delivery of organisation-wide education projects in conjunction with the Executive Leadership team. You will drive a culture of continuous quality improvement across the organisation and liaise closely with all stakeholders, both within TDHS and externally, to ensure TDHS maintains and enhances the skills, capability and engagement of the workforce.
• Developing, implementing and supporting the meeting of regulatory and legislative compliance, orientation, clinical risk management, information technology advancement, training, practice improvement, and associated policy management
• Coordinate and support the education projects across all divisions of the organisation in line with the strategic direction and plan of TDHS
• Manage all day-to-day educational governance matters
This position is permanent part time, at 48 hours per fortnight and will be remunerated at Grade 5 or equivalent for Nurses. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with either:
• Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020; or
• Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Tertiary qualification or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area
• High level verbal communication skills, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with staff and community at all levels
• Demonstrated experience in the delivery of education content to adult learners
• Demonstrated (and proven success) of identifying opportunities of innovation, and leading the project to completion
• Recent experience in change management, negotiation, and project management principles to support achievement of strategic priorities and outcomes
• Proven understanding of data and analytics including ability to produce comprehensive reports to meet internal and external requirements
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to be self-directed and innovative
• Advanced computer skills with proficiency in programs such as (but not limited to) Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and PlaceRight
• Staff fun days and charity fundraising
• Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
• Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
• Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
• Novated leasing
• Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
• Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below www.timboonhealthcare.com.au or by contacting Krystal Edwards, Human Resources Advisor 03 5558 6000 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Sunday 16 May 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 110 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high-quality patient-centered care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.