04 Sep Job Opportunity | Diabetes Educator
- South West location
- Work Life Balance
Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. Our vision is working together for a healthy community by keeping people at the heart of our actions through partnering for outcomes, engaging the community, innovative service delivery, maximising quality and safety, embracing change and promoting health and wellbeing across the lifespan. Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services.
Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Community Health, the Diabetes Educator, is responsible for supporting and coordinating diabetic service provision at TDHS. The Diabetes educator contributes to the success of the organisation by supporting consumers and their carers to better understand and manage Diabetes mellitus.
- Clinical assessments relevant to Diabetes Mellitus
- Patient centred care Planning and client/carer support
- Development and implementation of treatment plans
- Education and training for clients, their families and TDHS staff
- Service development and planning in relation to diabetic care at TDHS
This position is Part-time, at 16 hours per fortnight. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registered Nurse – Division 1 holding a current practicing licence.
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Graduate certificate in Diabetes Education.
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator with Australian Diabetes Educator Association (ADEA) or demonstrating progression towards credentialing.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a contributing team member within a complex care environment.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Monthly fun days and charity fundraising
- Salary packaging of up to $9,010 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program, providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained by clicking here or by contacting Tanya Wines, Director of Community Health 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 20th September 2020
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).