22 Nov Job Opportunity | Administrative Officer – Timboon Clinic
Administrative Officer – Timboon Clinic
Looking for a sea-change or a tree-change without giving up the artisan comforts of a good cup of coffee and great food, then look no further! Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) is looking for an Administration Officer to join our close knit, vibrant and passionate team at Timboon Clinic.
- Immediate start
- Permanent Part-time position
- Full training and support provided
About the role
Reporting to the Practice Manager, your role as the Administrative Officer will support the effective operations of the Administration/ Reception area. The role is the face of Timboon Clinic as it is the first point of contact for patients.
The incumbent will gradually be trained and developed to administer the full range of Administrative Officer duties to fulfil the role during increased periods of demand and leave replacement. Duties include:
- Ensure all patients and visitors are greeted in a timely, professional and welcoming manner in person or via the phone
- Respond to queries (face-to-face, telephone and written) or take messages and forward to the appropriate source
- General office reception and administration tasks as directed by the Practice Manager
This position is permanent part-time at 64 hours per fortnight. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with the Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise 2016-2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Previous experience in health services administration and/or office administration in a busy team environment is preferred but not essential
- Competency in the Microsoft Officer suite or products and use of other databases software
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with the public and to possess a high level of customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to gain co-operation and assistance from clients, consumers and staff members
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below or by contacting Katherine Gorringe, Practice Manager 03 5558 6088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 5th December 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employees service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.