23 Sep Career Opportunity | Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM)
Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Are you an experienced ANUM looking to further your career? Expand your skill set at TDHS where our ANUM’s are given autonomy and generous responsibility within their roles.
- Permanent ongoing employment – 4 days a week
- Boost your take home pay with salary packaging including remote area housing concessions
- Timboon location
About the role
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the Associate Nurse Unit Manager, is responsible for providing support to the Clinical Services department by delivering a high standard of nursing care commensurate with ANMC – National Competency Standards in Nursing.
You will actively demonstrate TDHS Values in all personal and professional conduct within the workplace; provide and ensure a consumer centred approach to nursing care and know and ensure the Policy and Procedure guidelines of TDHS are adhered to by all staff.
As the Associate Nurse Unit Manager, you will be an effective and supportive team member and leader.
- Provide and ensure a consumer centred approach to nursing care
- Supervise, mentor and encourage a high standard of care to be given by nursing staff
- Assist with administrative activities of the department as required on a day to day basis including managing and co-ordinating the shift through effective prioritising and delegating
- Demonstrate effective communication with patients, carers, all members of the health team and other service staff
This position is part time, 4 days per week. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2024.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registered Nurse Division 1 holding a current registration with AHPRA
- Current nursing experience in a relevant clinical area
- Exposure to the interpretation and application of awards and industrial agreements
- Computer literacy
- Ability to organise work in a systematic way, accurate and timely manner and be flexible in a changing environment
- Professional, friendly and a team player disposition who is capable of representing the department and organisation effectively
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to manage emergency situations
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained below or by contacting Michelle Selten or Anna Reilly, Director of Clinical Services on 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 10 October 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you). All successful applicants will be required to obtain the annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.