29 Apr Applications open | Graduate Registered Nurse
GRADUATE REGISTERED NURSES
Build your nursing knowledge and skills with a supportive and engaging team at this regional healthcare service located in picturesque Timboon.
- Permanent Roster
- Part time hours
- 12 month contract
About the role
The Graduate Registered Nurse is responsible for providing support to the Acute Department, and contributes to the success of the organisation by delivering a standard of nursing care commensurate with ANMC – National Competency Standards for the RN.
TDHS offers Graduate RN’s:
- Comprehensive Orientation
- Supernumerary time
- Support from highly skilled staff
- Education days throughout the year
- Opportunity for ongoing employment on completion of the program
- Provision of direct patient care through a consumer centred approach and within the Registered Nurses’ scope of practice that they are educated, competent and authorised to perform
- Ensures all work is completed accurately on time and in accordance with TDHS policies and procedures
- Demonstrated support and partnership with all TDHS managers and staff for the purpose of promoting quality initiatives and creating a centre of excellence.
This is a part time position, 72 hours per fortnight. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with the Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Eligibility for registration as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board (AHPRA)
- Completing your nursing course between November 2020 and July 2021
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Computer literacy
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, submit your application via email to email@example.com including a Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained via our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au or by contacting Michelle Selten, Director of Clinical Services 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description (pdf)
Applications close: Sunday 16 May 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.