Timboon and District Healthcare Service gratefully acknowledges the support of a large group of men and women who regularly give their time to assist our community in the following areas:
- Meals on Wheels
- Community Transport
- Red X Transport
- Planned Activity Groups
- Visually Impaired Groups
- TOPS Opportunity Shop
- Fundraising (auxiliary).
These programs rely on volunteers to give freely of their time to support members of our community and play a valuable role is assisting the elderly to remain in their homes. In undertaking their role as a volunteer they are not only assisting patients and clients but they also bring with them a wealth of knowledge, skills and abilities that are appreciated by staff, patients, clients and their carers and families.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Timboon and District Healthcare Service you will need to:
- be reliable
- be willing to work as part of a team and undertake trainings as required
- enjoy contact with a wide range of people in varying levels of health
- be punctual, neatly dressed and well groomed
- be committed to the organisation
- have competent numeracy and literacy skills
- adhere to organisation policies and procedures
- have a sense of humour.
Please contact us for more information about volunteer services at Timboon and District Healthcare Service.